Tuesday, April 5, 2011

“Take every chance to RELAX, to HOPE, to HEAL, to DREAM, to PLAY, to GIVE, to RECEIVE, to LOVE!”


NOVEMBER 7-10:
On Sunday we had a nice barbeque outside and Cheryl (Lynn and Dave’s oldest daughter) and her boyfriend (actually her “partner,” that is how they refer to a boyfriend you are serious with or live with-because it is closer than being just a boyfriend/girlfriend couple, but they are not married) joined us. It was our first time meeting them and it was a wonderful evening! We got pedicures on Tuesday…well deserved if I may say so myself J Wednesday was a LONG day! The students were bouncing off the walls from the moment they walked into the door until the moment they left in the afternoon! I think it was the fact that it was about to rain (which it did end up bucketing down  all afternoon). You would have thought that I had taken a dip in the ocean on my way home because I was SOAKED after my bike ride! But at the same time it was nice to take a warm shower and then throw on a hoodie, just like I would be doing if I was home in the cool Fall weather J On our run that afternoon (the rain let up) we saw A LOT of snails making their way across the sidewalks J There were big ones and small ones and they really were EVERYWHERE! It was neat to see them all out and on the move…slow move…but move nonetheless!!
NOVEMBER 11-13: It was Lauren’s 23rd birthday on Thursday so we went to Leederville and had a wonderful dinner there with the whole family! It was a wonderful Italian restaurant and Lynne and Dave paid for our meals-so sweet-they consider us a part of the family J We then had a delicious cake for her birthday-it was so pretty too! Saturday I talked with Ben for most of the morning on Skype and then went down to the beach with Amanda for an hour of wonderful relaxing sun! The ducks in the pond across the street now have lots of little baby ducks trailing behind!!! SO CUTE!!! They would fit in the palm of my hand J



No comments:

Post a Comment